Offering Comprehensive Legal Services To The Residents Of Ventura And Santa Barbara County

Offering Comprehensive Legal Services To The Residents Of Ventura And Santa Barbara County

Compassionate Counsel.
Aggressive Representation.

For over two decades, our staff at has helped our clients in Ventura and Santa Barbara County protect their livelihoods. As legal advocates, we will work with you to find long-term solutions for a variety of matters, including workers’ compensation, personal injury, bankruptcy or immigration claims.

Contact Us Today

Frequently Asked Questions About Injured Workers

Q: I got hurt at work and my employer refuses to send me to a doctor. What should I do?

A: It is important that you can prove that you’ve reported an injury to your employer as soon as possible or you might be barred from filing a workers’ comp claim. As such, you need to seek immediate treatment on your own or go to an attorney who can protect your rights.

Q: I’m currently disabled. How much money should the insurance company be paying me?

A: Typically, temporary disability benefits are calculated by taking two-thirds of your weekly wage. There is a minimum and maximum on the benefit amount and a 104-week cap on the number of weeks you can collect this benefit.

Q: After I reported my injury, my hours were cut and I’m being treated differently. Is there anything I can do?

A: The law specifically prohibits an employer from discriminating against you for having suffered a work injury. If you are being treated differently in any way, following a work injury, you need to seek legal advice immediately. You are entitled to additional compensation.

Q: Can I treat with any doctor of my choosing?

A: Recent changes in the law do entitle the insurance company to maintain medical provider networks from which you must pick your treating doctor. However, there are many regulations that must be complied with in order to enforce treatment within the medical provider network and we are often able to refer our clients to a doctor of their choosing.

Q: How long will my case take?

A: Each case is dependent on its own facts and a case typically cannot close until all the active treatment has been completed. Once the doctor has released you, your lawyer can begin the process of closing your case.

I Was Hurt At Work · What Should I Do?

The Law Offices of Paul F. Kinsler can provide more facts for injured workers in Oxnard, California, and throughout the Central Coast. Please contact us at to schedule a free consultation. Cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.

Se habla español. On parle français.